CIE-SF co-host this event with San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of the American Statistical Association (SFASA).
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is getting hot in many fields such as engineering and investment. IBM has been researching, developing and investing in AI technology for more than 50 years. The public became aware of a major advance in 2011, when IBM Watson won the historic Jeopardy! Exhibition on prime time television. Since that time, the company has advanced and scaled the Watson platform, and applied it to various industries, including healthcare, finance, commerce, education, security, and the Internet of Things. IBM has been deeply committed to this technology, and believe strongly in its potential to benefit society, as well as transform our personal and professional lives.
In this talk, IBM’s vision on AI and Cognitive Computing, along with the cognitive system of IBM Watson, will be introduced and discussed, as well as IBM’s responses to the White House Query about future AI policies.
- AI history and contents
- IBM Actions AI development
- Future trends
Speaker: LING Zong, Ph.D., Senior Software Engineer / Scientist in IBM Almaden Research Center located in San Francisco Bay Area (the Silicon Valley) of Northern California, USA.
Dr. Ling has been working for IBM over 20 years, with primary focus on performance evaluation of data storage products. Dr. Ling engages in customer services through troubleshooting data storage configurations, providing technical training classes, and publishing IBM whitepapers. Dr. Ling's current interests are in the areas of Cognitive Business and AI Applications, FinTech/Blockchain Deployment, Big Data Storage and Analytics, Cloud Computing Architecture, Service Science, Internet of Things, and Information Technology Service Management.
Dr. Ling, an IBM University ambassador specializes in information technology engineering and services of many years, has been providing academic lectures locally at Stanford University, University of California at Berkeley, University of San Francisco, and San Jose State University, as well as teaching credited courses globally in more than 30 top universities in China. Dr. Ling has also hosted numerous seminars/lectures, advocating IBM corporate culture and innovative management system, for onsite-visiting MBA/EMBA audience. In recognition of his contributions to the global community, Dr. Ling has been a recipient of United States President's Volunteer Service Award each year for the past 10 years.
Mr. Zong Ling got Ph.D. on Computer Engineering of University of Hawaii at Manoa, and obtained BS at the University of Science and Technology of China.
Dr. Linyong (Leo) Pang is the founder and CEO of Slightech (Brand MYNT), a Silicon Valley / China startup focusing on Virtual Positioning System (VPS) technologies and applications for robot, autonomous car, and VR/AR. Dr. Pang has 14 years entrepreneur and executive management experience in Silicon Valley and China: he was the founder and co-founder of 4 companies, involved one IPO on NASDAQ and three acquisitions. He led the last company from the startup all the way to the final acquisition. Dr. Pang held 31 patents, 25 more pending, and is an author of 65 publications. He is a committee member of SPIE conference and symposium chair of CSTIC.
Dr. Pang received a B.S. and a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), a M.S. in Computer Science and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University. He was the President of the Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Stanford (ACSSS) in 1997.
This program provides Engineers an opportunity to practice public speaking and formal presentation.
(1) This program align with our soft skill training program.
(2) The applicant will make a 5 minutes presentation. We prefer it is a power point presentation or a computer operated presentation.
(3) It should include the greeting, the reason of the present and the main body of the present.
(4) Please select the contents which interest most of the engineers. It could be a skill, a tool, features of a tool, a website, etc.
(5) The present will be taken place at the beginning of some of our events.
(6) Applicant needs to apply for the program and CIE-SF will review the application.
(7) CIE-SF may provide coaching.
(8) CIE-SF will video record the present and put on youtube to let more engineers can be benefited from it.
(9) After you sing up the form, CIE-SF will contact you for next step.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join an innovative medical device company to develop our minimally invasive spinal products. You'll use your creativity to find solutions to all the tasks we require to meet FDA regulatory requirements. You'll take ownership of your designs from concept to commercialization by prototyping, validating, discussing with suppliers, creating assembly fixtures, and supporting pilot builds with reliability and manufacturability in mind.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that products / machines / equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate product or machine or system malfunctions.
- Experience with Design and Manufacturing FMEA.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – minimum and Maximum analysis.
- Experience with Design Control according to FDA requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
- Solicit new suppliers and work with them to achieve engineering or manufacturing objectives.
Education and Job Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Master degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years industry experience in using Solidworks for mechanical design engineering.
- Compensation commensurate with industrial standards plus company stock options.
San Jose, CA, USA
We are seeking a Systems engineer working with our team helping to design, build, troubleshoot and maintain various components in our storage system. Qualified applicants will have strong background in system integration, PCB design, and testing.
- Assist in the design and development of complex print circuit boards.
- Guide layout engineers in the design and development of complex and detailed layouts.
- Check design layouts and detailed drawings
- Board bring-up, debugging, bug tracking.
- Assist with system integration and testing, working closely with the software team
- Support the development and execution of reliability, compliance and regulatory testing
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout and assembly
- Experience in lab and debug activities including board level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Experience with PCIe, Ethernet, SSD is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US
· Stock options
· Comprehensive Medical, Vision and Dental plans
· Challenging and motivating work environment