The Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE/USA) San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is now accepting applications for the Scholastic and Special Achievement Award. The names of the winners will be announced and awards will be presented at the CIE/SF Annual Conference (Date: March 11th, 2017).
Following a long-standing tradition of pursuing excellence, CIE/SF has established this award program to encourage and recognize the outstanding scholastic and special achievements of the children of its members. Selection criteria will be based on a balanced achievement of applicants' outstanding academic accomplishments, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service. Each award winner will receive a Certificate of Merit and a check of two hundred dollars and shall attend the CIE/SF Annual Conference.
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- A CIE/SF member's children
- Currently a Junior or Senior (11th or 12th grade) in high school
- Has never received the award from the CIE/SF Chapter before
All applicants must submit the following documents in softcopies
- A completed application form (download template).
- A passport type personal photo (to be published in the CIE publications)
- A high school Transcript
- A personal essay (no more than 300 words) which includes information such as: honor and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community service involved, volunteer work experience, etc.
- An information page (use the template on next page)
- (For Non-CIE/SF member only) A completed CIE/SF membership application form (download) or online from HERE and annual membership fee.
The deadline for the application is February 1st , 2017 For 12th grade student, please send in your application ASAP for possible early decision.
Contact Person: Patrick Lam